My name is Nuria and I am a Birth and Postnatal doula, registered with Doula UK, in Reading (Berkshire).
When I was pregnant, I got very inspired by Michel Odent’s philosophy and both my partner and me prepared ourselves for a conscious birth experience. Afterwards, I found myself willing to help other mums to give birth confidently, and decided to attend a doula training with Michel Odent and Liliana Lammers (Paramana Doula).
You are welcome to explore the services I offer; I can help you at any stage of your journey:
- Antenatal Doula, check my services here.
- Birth Doula, check my services here.
- Postnatal Doula, check my services here.
Please, do not hesitate in contacting me for a initial, no obligation chat so that we can work out together what best suits your needs!
What is a Doula?
Doula is a Greek word meaning “woman servant”. Currently, the doula is the one who accompanies the woman or the couple, during pregnancy, labour and postnatal period.
The main role of a birth doula is to provide practical and evidence based information on pregnancy and birth, and to protect mother’s space, privacy, a basic need for a physiological birth. A birth doula has knowledge of the physiology of birth, but does not have a clinical role; offers emotional and physical accompaniment, may use comfort measures (breathing, relaxation, movement,…) and helps mother to make informed birth choices.
Postnatal doulas work in the home of the families as they may need, helping around the house, offering reassurance, supporting with infant feeding. This will help families to settle down after childbirth and bond with their baby and encouraging a smooth transition into parenthood.
Check also this great article: Why hire a Doula?
- Doula preparation course – Paramana Doula – May 2014
- Breastfeeding Study Day – Breastfeeding London – June 2014
- Breastfeeding – National Distance Education University (Spain) – January 2015 – June 2015
- Doula UK Access Day – Doula UK – February 2015
- Supporting every birth workshop – Michelle Every – June 2015
- Babywearing Peer Supporter course – School of Babywearing – July 2015
- Positive Discipline – School of Attachment Parenting – June 2016
- Birth Doula recognition – September 2016
- Mindful Rebozo for birthworkers – Sophie Messeger – October 2016
- Breastfeeding Study Day – BfN Breastfeeding Network – October 2016
- Babywearing Consultancy – School of Babywearing – December 2016
- Supporting the Breastfeeding Mother and Baby – ABM – March 2017