Through my work as a doula, I learnt how hypnobirthing can make a difference, so I trained as a hypnobirthing teacher.
I chose to train with KGHypnobirthing as it’s a full in-depth birth preparation programme; it is much more than just hypnobirthing! It is a complete antenatal education course that provides parents with a tool box to help them prepare for a positive birth.
The course will help you to understand the physiology of birth and the hormones that intervene in this wonderful process. Through attending the course, all birth choices are talked through and evidence-based information is given. This is so you can educate yourself in all the different aspects of labour, and make your own choices according to your needs.
The hypnobirthing scripts (guided relaxations) are aimed at inducing a relaxing and calm state and through their practice you can easily trigger this calm state during the birthing process, encouraging a shorter and more comfortable labour as the body will be doing what is intended to do.
By working together on the scripts and talking through your birth preferences, you and your birth partner will experience a more peaceful and relaxed pregnancy and become more prepared for a smooth transition into parenthood.
Benefits of KGHypnobirthing:
- As a result of the knowledge gained, the confidence boost and by feeling you’re in control of your choices, you will experience a more relaxed and empowered pregnancy.
- You are likely to experience a more comfortable and shorter labour and you will feel more confident in your body’s natural ability to give birth.
- There is a reduced risk of medical interventions, use of drugs and perineal trauma as you will feel more confident. Understanding the physiology of birth and practising the scripts (mind-body connection) boosts your levels of confidence.
- Experiencing pregnancy and labour in a more relaxed and prepared way, reduces the chance of PND.
- Your birth partner gets involved thorough pregnancy and learns how to best support you. This empowers him/her to take an active role, reduces the fears (and hence the adrenaline release during birth) and helps bonding with the baby.
- Babies tend to arrive to a calmer environment. During pregnancy babies benefit from a calmer mother, which is the ideal physiology for intrauterine development.
- Mums often bounce back quicker after a Hypnobirthing birth as the physical impact of giving birth is reduced.
You can download the first chapter of “The Hypnobirthing Book” so you can get a good insight of the course: Book sample – Chapter 1
For free resources such as daily positive birth afirmations and a hypnobirthing relaxation audio, click here.
The full course is divided into 4 sessions of 2.5 – 3 hours each and you will get:
- a copy of “The Hypnobirthing Book”
- the mp3’s with the guided relaxations
- course notes
- ongoing support available via phone or email right up until the birth of your baby.