Through my work as a doula, having accompanied women and couples in varied settings and reflecting back on some of these experiences, I learnt how hypnobirthing can make a difference and decided to train as a hypnobirthing teacher.
KGHypnobirthing is a complete antenatal education that provides parents with a tool box to help them prepare for a positive birth. The course helps parents to understand the physiology of birth.
The hypnobirthing scripts (guided relaxations) are aimed at inducing a relaxing and calm state and through their practice the mother can easily trigger this calm state during the birthing process, encouraging a shorter and more comfortable labour as the body will be doing what is intended to do.
Through attending the course, all birth choices are talked through and evidence-based information is given. This is so the mother/couple caneducate themselves in all the different aspects of labour, and make their own choices according to their needs.
By working together on the scripts and preparing their birth preferences the couple experiences a more peaceful and relaxed pregnancy and become more prepared for a smooth transition into parenthood.
Benefits of KGHypnobirthing:
- As a result of the knowledge gained, the confidence boost and by feeling she’s in control of her choices, the mother is likely to experience a more relaxed and empowered pregnancy.
- The mother is likely to experience a more comfortable and shorter labour and she feels more confident in her body’s natural ability to give birth.
- There is a reduced risk of medical interventions, use of drugs and perineal trauma due to the mother feeling confident and understanding how muscles work and physiology of birth and having practised the scripts (mind-body connection).
- Experiencing pregnancy and labour in a more relaxed and prepared way, reduces the chance of PND.
- The father or birth partner gets involved thorough pregnancy and learns how to best support the mother. This empowers the father to take an active role, reduces his fears (and hence his adrenaline release during birth) and helps bonding with the baby.
- Babies tend to arrive to a calmer environment. During pregnancy babies benefit from a calmer mother, which is the ideal physiology for intrauterine development.
- Mums often bounce back quicker after a Hypnobirthing birth as the physical impact of giving birth is reduced.
Private classes are usually held at the comfort of your house. The full course is divided into 4 sessions of 2.5 hours each and you will get:
- a copy of “The Hypnobirthing Book”
- the mp3 with the “Colour and Calmness” relaxation
- course notes
- ongoing support available via phone or email right up until the birth of your baby.
You can download the first chapter of “The Hypnobirthing Book” so you can get a good insight of the course: Book sample – Chapter 1
The whole course (including the ongoing support) is offered at £375. Please, get in touch to book your place!
For free resources such as daily positive birth afirmations and a hypnobirthing relaxation audio, click here.