I am a Recognised Postnatal Doula registered with Doula UK.
As a postnatal doula, I will help you with baby and home issues, and offer you breastfeeding support and babywearing advice if needed. I will come to your home and help you in the way you feel would benefit you the most. I will accompany you in the transition into motherhood, by offering a warm and relaxed guidance and non judgemental support. I aim to offer you reassurance and encourage you to follow your inner instincts in taking care and raising your baby.
I can work overnight and have experience with multiples.
Some of the ways in which I can help you:
- Mothering the mother: this is the main role of a postnatal doula. This can be done by doing the things listed below or simply by being a listening ear.
- Newborn care and concerns: bathing, feeding, development, parenting,…
- Infant feeding support: whether you choose to breast or formula feed, or both! If you wish to breastfeed and need any support, I can provide it to you and point you out in the right direction should you require further help.
- Babywearing advice: if you are interested in knowing more about slings I can offer you advice and support on how to safely babywear your newborn.
- Light domestic task: cooking, tidying, washing, light shopping,…
- Older children: I can help you with your older children, so you can spend time with your newborn or the other way round!
- Time for you: I can take care of your baby and/or older children while you get a bit of time for yourself (so you can have a rest, shower or just time on your own)
- Going for a walk: I can accompany you on your first outings with the baby
- Telephone support
As your postnatal doula I will visit you for two to four hours appointments. We will discuss the number of appointments per week and how long you need the service.
We hired Nuria as our postnatal doula to help care for our twins, born last year. Looking back, I don’t think we would have coped without her! She helped us with everything, from feeding and bathing them, to babywearing, and doing endless rounds of laundry – and all while creating a calm and positive atmosphere. She then continued to support us for a period of several months while we organised permanent childcare, during which time we had the pleasure of also meeting Grace, who stepped in on any days Nuria was away. Thank you Nuria and Grace!
Please contact me for a free initial meeting so we can discuss your needs and wishes and you can get an idea if I am the type of doula you are looking for. I encourage you to meet various doulas so you can choose the one you feel more conected and confortable with. Please, read through the Help with finding a doula in the Doula UK website.
If all of the above does not suit you, please feel free to contact me and we can discuss your needs and wishes. I am more than happy to build with you the “package” that would make you feel more comfortable and secure.
If you are struggling financially but would benefit from a doula, have a look at the Doula UK Access Fund. It covers the expenses of Doula UK doulas volunteering to work with local clients in financial hardship, enabling those on a low income to have the support of a doula.